Complaints about our services?
Any person or organisation that has contact with Unia can submit a complaint. The complaint must involve the operation of Unia or the quality of its services.
- You get no information or reaction from Unia on the handling of a case.
- The information that you get from Unia (via its brochures, its website, and so forth) is incomplete or unclear.
- You are not satisfied with the accessibility of Unia (via the reception desk, by telephone, and so forth).
- You must wait too long for a reply from Unia.
- You are not satisfied with the behaviour of a Unia employee (during a telephone discussion, during a visit, and so forth).
- Anonymous complaints.
- Complaints with no reasons given (you must describe your reasons clearly).
- Complaints about events that took place more than one year before submission of the complaint.
- Complaints about situations that do not fall under the jurisdiction of Unia.
- Complaints about situations for which administrative appeal procedures exist.
- Complaints about situations for which an appeal is pending with a judicial body (employment tribunals, the Council of State and so forth).
- Complaints about situations for which proceedings with the Federal Ombudsman have already been started.
There are various ways to do this:
- Fill in the online contact form.
- Fill in the Word document or pdf of our complaint form (electronically or by hand), print the document out and send it to: Unia, rue Royale 138, 1000 Brussels.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt within fifteen days.
- If your complaint is admissible, it is then transferred to the appropriate department of Unia. They will investigate the complaint and give you a substantiated reply within a reasonable period.